Wednesday, July 1, 2009

pit stop in truckee, ca

when i got to donner pass this morning, i called up bill and molly person who open their home to thru-hikers and call it "pooh's corner." she was kind enough to pick me up, feed me lunch, and let me shower and do laundry. so i'll be headed back out to the trail momentarily, feeling refreshed.

the mosquitos have gotten pretty bad. the cold weather we had in the sierras kept them at bay for a little while, but that brief reprieve is over. check out this video i shot behind me while i was sprinting through a particularly bad stretch.

the miles are coming easier now, and i'm feeling strong. even had a 40 mile day last week.

2 comments:

  1. This morning it was gorgeous here, so I put on my bathing suit and went out into the garden laid out some towels and tanned for a while. When I got up to shake out the towel, I realized it said "KEVIN"..... I was so excited. You left hints of your self all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just couldn't fit that towel back into my backpack. it was really confusing to me since i don't remember buying anything besides food while i was in boston. but i'll admit that in the back of my mind i vainly hoped it would be a pleasant reminder to you guys of my time there. but now i'm curious... what other hints of my "self" did i leave??

    ReplyDelete