Friday, August 14, 2009

snoqualmie pass, wa


my three hiking days between white pass and snoqualmie pass can be summed up with one word: wet. from the time my friend john dropped me off in a light mist, until my cousin hanna picked me up between heavy rain showers, i was basically soaked (and usually in some stage of cold). the original plan had been for me to take four days to get into snoqualmie but as i grew more fed up with the conditions i kept speeding up my hiking.

i think i took two pictures in that entire 100 mile stretch since most of the time i had my camera buried deep in my pack to keep it dry. as a bonus, being constantly wet led to some new blisters and chafing in places i've never had the pleasure of experiencing them before.

but my stay with andy and hanna was great. lots of food (misir wot for breakfast? absolutely!!), laughs, and dry clothes - the perfect cure for what ailed me and i thoroughly enjoyed my three nights with them. thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment